My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

THE Cookie Jar Filler

The basis of this recipe came from a Forum Friend named Sol. I made a little change to it. Hubby declared that these are NOW THE cookies!

.

1 c softened butter

1.5 c brown sugar
or 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 c coconut palm sugar

2 eggs

2 t vanilla

2 c all-purpose flour

1/2 c almond meal or ground almonds

1/3 c oat or barley flour

1 t baking soda

1 t salt

2 c chocolate chips, or 4 large handfuls when using the Costco size bag! :o)

.

Whip softened butter to spread. Add in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy, light and airy. Add in dry ingredients. Fold in chips. Drop by large teaspoon or tablespoons. (I use either a small or medium metal scoop.) Bake at 325 for about 12 minutes. We like them chewy, so I bake until the dough doesn't look "wet" in the center. Cool on sheet to set a bit more. Finish cooling on a wire rack and let cool completely... ~oh wait we never let cool completely..watch out melty chocolate can burn! LOL


.

© 2009 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home