My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Banana Snack Cake

Banana Snack Cake


.

This "bar" can be made with the frosting that follows, cream cheese or just dusted with powdered sugar.

.

1/2 c butter

3/4 c packed brown sugar

1/2 c sugar

2 eggs

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium)

1 t vanilla

2 c all-purpose flour

1 t baking soda

1 t salt

1/2 c buttermilk

1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)

.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes. Until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Frosting

1/2 c packed brown sugar

1/4 c butter or margarine

6 T milk

2 1/2-3 c confectioners' sugar

.

For frosting, combine brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to luke warm. Gradually beat in sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home