My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Black Bean Soup

Black Bean Soup


.

This is such a simple soup. You start with cans and end with yummmm!!!



.

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed

1 can of chopped, diced, peeled tomatoes (plain or seasoned or with chilis or jalapenos)

1 can chicken, beef or vegie broth

1 of any of those cans of water

several cups of left over meat, chopped, shredded or strips

1/2-1 c frozen corn

couple cloves of garlic, minced

1 generous t of cumin

1 generous t of chili powder

Mix all in a crockpot or covered saucepan and simmer. Just needs to heat through, but taste best if it can simmer together several hours.

****Now**** Add your favorite vegies or meat..If it becomes a bit to thin, I add some potato flakes, a little leftover mashed potatoes will work too. Even just cornstarch and water. If you like a bit more heat, add a can of diced green chilies. Make it your own...It's too easy, and can be made and served in about 15 mintues.

.

© 2001 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home