My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Chocolate Chews

I was cruising around blog land and came across this recipe. Grammy's Chocolate Cookies I've made quite a few Martha Stewart Cookies, so was pretty secure in knowing that these would be good. I had butter sitting out since yesterday, because the cookie jar was getting low. AGAIN, wait ALWAYS.

So I made them. Let them chill just over an hour and rolled them in vanilla sugar. (used vanilla beans from vanilla ice cream batches, that are recycled into a small jar that I keep topped up with sugar)

Oh and I only used 1.5 cups of sugar in the cookies. I've been decreasing most of our cookies by atleast a 1/2 cup of sugar..which brings me to the fact that there is way to much sweet in our sweets. ~lightbulb moment~

The recipe:

Chocolate Chews

adapted from:Grammy’s Chocolate Cookies
Source: Martha Stewart’s Cookies
by way of Family, Friends and Food

Ingredients
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
1.5 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 T vanilla sugar, for rolling

Directions
Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture; beat to combine. Form dough into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in sanding sugar. Place on baking sheets covered in parchment paper. Bake until set – about 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from baking sheet to cool completely on wire rack.

Cookies can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week.

These come out just like the Molasses cookies I made last week. ~recipe coming soon!
Which are really good sandwiching some Breyer's French Vanilla Ice Cream...so that's my treat later..2 Chocolate Chews and a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home