My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Mmm Mmm Butternut Soup




I just created a delish bowl of soup!

Started out simple enough. Organic Produce and EVOO, homemade turkey stock (From Thanksgiving Turkey) and Organic Coconut Milk
2 giant cloves of garlic chopped
1 chunk~ 1/2" piece of peeled ginger
glug of EVOO
Place into saucepan and "sizzle" the garlic and ginger a bit, don't brown.
Pour in 2-3 cups of stock. A pinch of red pepper flakes and a few cracks of black pepper.
Pour in about 2 cups of pre roasted butternut squash cubes from the freezer.
Let simmer until the squash is falling apart.
Smash squash with potato masher, find ginger chunk and fish out (it won't smash).
~I'm not one for pureed soups..but you could certainly puree with stick blender or regular blender. I like a little body in mine..so I just smooshed it really good in the pan.
Pour in half a can of well shaken coconut milk. Stir taste..adjust seasonings...serve the hot creamy slightly sweet goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home