My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gluten Free Waffles

Did you know that Gluten Free waffles get a higher rating in my house now than wheat flour waffles?
Strange I know..
But WOW..these are yummy..they are crisp on the outside and fluffy soft on the inside.
Waffles
1/2 c each brown and white rice flour
1/2 c potato starch
1/4c tapioca flour
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 c oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 c buttermilk (I use a dash of vinegar and pour in milk to reach 1 1/2c.)
1 t sugar
Mix dry ingredients. Blend in wet until the batter is relatively smooth.  Make waffles as you normally do. These are fine stored in zipper bags for about 2 days beyond making. They will start to dry out beyond that. Freeze for longer storage.

Oh and they make a great PB&J sandwich the next day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home