My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Brownies to the 2nd Creamcheesiness Power

I've had this recipe in my stash for some time. I've used it for years! I found it when I used to do "gifts in a jar" for craft shows..years and years ago. But I embelished it and today I changed it even more.

Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
adapted from me
Original Recipe

1/2 c melted or very soft butter
1.5 c sugar
1 t vanilla
1.25 c flour
2/3 c cocoa
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
4 eggs
1/2 c chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)

Cream Cheese Swirl

16oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, add melted or VERY softened butter. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Add in one pile on top, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; then crack all 4 eggs. Mix all together well with a wooden spoon. Don't beat!

Grease a 9x13 pan with a bit of butter, and spread all but about 1/2 c of batter in the pan.

In the mixer bowl(electric mixer needed) add in the softened cream cheese, and beat until smooth. Add in vanilla and egg. Beat again until smooth.

Spread the cream cheese topping over the brownie batter, but not all the way to the edges. Drop on the remainder of the brownie batter, and cut through the batters with a knife making a swirl pattern.

Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes. Don't over bake!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Thanks for the slaw recipe- I really appreciate it. I also think I will try this recipe!
    Have a great week!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home