My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Nourishing Cookie? Is that possible?

I found a recipe online that I thought sounded interesting. I'm looking for something that the boys can grab a few and take them off to the bus stop, or grab a few when they get home from school before football practice. Here's where I started, but it was really dry. I even used a fresh laid this morning duck egg.(#3 and I are taking care of a friends duck flock while they are vacationing, all the duck eggs they lay is our pay.) Duck eggs make things rise higher and fluff up more. I think I'll add one more egg to the next batch. The turbinado, stayed crunchy. The apples were crisp. Which I liked, and the oldest liked..but #3 son...thought the apples were a bit "tangy". #2 hasn't tried them. The oldest ate 8 of them right away!
~NOTE: These went all dough-like after 2 days in an airtight container. The apples did it! I think I'll try dried diced apples next time. Or just leave them out.

~I went next door and picked the apples right off the tree. That apple tree produced way more than my 2 trees put together! And they are a lovely red skinned, white fleshed apple. I make apple chips in the dehydrator for eating and decorating with them.

Apple Granola Cookies

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c organic natural creamy peanut butter
2/3 c organic turbinado sugar
1 t vanilla
1 egg(fresh laid duck)
1/2 t Celtic Sea Salt
1/2 t baking soda
1.5 c organic white flour
3/4 c homemade granola (oats, sunflower seeds, cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil)
1 c chopped apple, peel left on

Form into balls and press a little flat. Bake at 350F for about 9 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home