My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Baked Potato Salad

Baked Potato Salad


.

You can make this with leftover baked potatoes or freshly boiled potatoes like any other spud salad recipe. I prefer to chill it halfway through the process. The flavors better meld. Just before serving stir in the "garnishes", and adjust "dressing".

.

4 cups of cooked potatoes, with or without skin, chopped

3-4 diced sweet pickles

1/4-1/2 finely diced onion (preferably sweet)

2-3 hard boiled eggs, diced

1 c mayo

1 c sour cream

1 t yellow mustard

salt and pepper to taste (kosher and fresh cracked black)

dash or two of garlic powder

several large dashes of chili powder

crisply cooked bacon cut into bite size pieces

1/2-1 c shredded cheddar cheese (sharp)

fresh minced chives or green onion

.

Mix mayo, sour cream, mustard and dry seasonings in large bowl. Add in potatoes, onion, pickles and eggs. Stir to coat. Allow to chill for atleast 30 minutes, up to several hours. Before serving, stir in bacon and cheese. Sprinkle top liberally with chives. When adding the "garnishes", check to see if you need to add more "dressing". If you like it a bit more creamy, add mayo and sour cream equally, 1 teaspoon at a time.


© 2001 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home