My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Round Steak in Creamy Gravy

Round Steak in Creamy Gravy


.

The basis of this recipe came from a book called Family Favorites Made Lighter.

.

12 oz boneless beef round steak or cube steak, cut into serving pieces

2 T flour

1/4 t pepper

1 c water

1 t beef bouillon granules or cube

1/2 12oz can (3/4c) evaporated skim milk

1 T flour

Trim fat from beef. In a small bowl mix flour and pepper. Press flour into meat. Spray cold skillet with non stick spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Brown meat on both sides in hot skillet. Add water and bouillon to skillet. Bring to a boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 1/4 hours or till the meat is tender. Remove meat from skillet; keep warm.

For Gravy, gradually stir the evaporated milk into the 1 T flour until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the pan juices. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Serve gravy over meat.

Makes 4 servings. Cal-150, pro-20g, carbs-10g, fiber-<.5g, fat-3g sodium-302mg

.

© 2001 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home