My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Orange Glazed Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread

Orange Glazed Cranberry-Pumpkin Bread


.

I found this recipe online. It is one of the quick breads, I put on holiday trays. This is a wonderful moist spicy bread with a tangy Orange Glaze.



.

3 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 2/3 cups sugar

2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1 -16 ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce

1 -15 ounce can pumpkin -- NOT pumpkin pie mix

4 large eggs -- lightly beaten

2/3 cup vegetalbe oil

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

.

Orange Glaze:

1 cup sifted powdered sugar

1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate -- thawed

1/8 teaspoon ground allspice

Combine 1st six ingredients in al large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine cranberry sauce and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into 2 greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for a 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.

To make glaze, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, and stir until smooth. Drizzle with orange glaze.

Source: "1997 America's Best Recipes, pg.88" Yield: 2 loaves


.


© 2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home