My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fluffy Lime Cream Pie

Fluffy Lime Cream Pie


.

Simple, cool and refreshing...No baking either!

.

8 oz softened cream cheese

1 can of sweetened condensed milk

2-3 large limes, depending on how much lime flavor you like

1 regular size tub of Whipped Topping

green food coloring, optional

.

one ready made crumb pie crust (I prefer shortbread.)

.

Beat cream cheese. Add condensed milk. Zest two limes. Juice 2-3 limes. Add the zest and juice. Add a few drops of food coloring. Beat well. Fold in tub of topping. Pour into crust and chill until serving.

To make bars:Double filling recipe. Make a bottom crust out of one bag of crushed Nilla wafers, 1/2 c melted butter and 2 T of flour. Mix well together, and press into 15"x11" or 9"x13" pan. Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes, or until set. Let cool. Spread with filling. Note:You can use other citrus flavors too, use appropriate coloring.

.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home