My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

My Chip/Chunk Cookies

My Chip/Chunk Cookies



.

This recipe may look a bit familar, and it is...I just omit 1 of the eggs from the "industry" back of the bag standard, and cut down the sugar. You can use any flavor store bought chip or a combination of them. I prefer cutting my own chunks of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate or their white chocolate. Baker's now sells "chunks" in the baking aisle of the grocer and they are fine too. I've also used choclate covered raisins. Yumm

.

1 c softened butter (preferably unsalted)

1/2 c brown sugar

1/2 c white sugar

1 eggs

1 t vanilla

2 1/4 c all-purpose flour

1 t baking soda

3/4 t salt

.

Whip softened butter. Add sugars and whip/beat for 2-3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Beat 1 minute or so more. Add in dry ingredients. The dough will look dry. Fold in chips or chunks. Drop by large teaspoon or tablespoons. (I use either a small or medium metal scoop.) Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. High points on cookies should just be turning brown, and centers should just be set. Cool on sheet to set a bit more. (2-3 minutes.) If you like your cookies just a bit more crunchy, bake no more than 2 more minutes. (I might not have to time right, I use stoneware. But I described what you are looking for.) Move to wire cooling rack and let cool completely...

I use this recipe as my base and then create. I make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, by using Chunks or vanilla chips and about 1/2 cup of chopped macadamias. You can add a half cup of any chopped nut. I also make Raspberry Chunk cookies. I replace the vanilla with 2 t of Raspberry flavored coffee syrup, use either white or dark chocolate. I'm working on a "healthier version of these too".

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home