My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Banana Jumbos

Banana Jumbos


.

These are my most favorite way to use up speckled bananas. They have a cake like texture.

.

1 c softened butter

2 eggs

1 c mashed bananas

1 c sugar

½ c butter milk or sour milk

1 t vanilla

3 c flour

1 ½ t baking soda

½ t salt

1 c chopped nuts (optional)

.

Mix well, shortening, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Blend dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour. Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, and cookie is firm to the touch.

.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home