My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Cream Muffins

Banana Cream Muffins


.

I just came up with this recipe making some modifications on a basic muffin recipe I found. It was given the "yum" thumbs up.

.

1/2 c oil

1/2 c cream, half and half or milk

1 c sugar

2 eggs

1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2-3 medium)

1 t vanilla

2 c all-purpose flour

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

1 t cinnamon

1/2 c chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips (optional)

.

Preheat oven to 350F. Mash bananas. Combine all other wet ingredients into the bananas. Premix the dry. Fold into wet. If adding nuts and/or chips, add just before wet and dry are incorporated. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just set and skewer/tester is has no wet batter on it. Makes about 18 muffins.

Variations: I love using the basics of this recipe and doing my thing.


Sweet Potato

Use 1 1/4 c mashed sweet potatoes, 1/4 c walnut oil and 1/4 c Canola, 1/4 t ea cloves and cardamom plus a few grates of fresh nutmeg.

Apple Oatmeal

I ran out of flour and had to make these without time to run to the store. I used 1 c of AP flour, and 3 packets of Instant Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, plus 1/3 cup of sorghum flour (batter was a bit to wet so needed something more) I reduced the sugar to 3/4 c (because of the sugar in the oatmeal packets) and added one diced fresh apple. Upon tasting them, they were fine, but would have been fine with a full cup of sugar.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip

Make recipe as is, but add in 2 T cocoa powder and up the half n half, milk or cream to 3/4 c. I tossed in two large handfuls of chocolate chips.

.

© 2001-2008 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home