My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Saurkraut Cake

Sauerkraut Chocolate Cake


.

Another recipe from Bonny Granny. .

Posted by BonnyGranny FarNorthCAon Wed, Jul 5, 00 at 23:02 #### I promised a friend I'd e-mail her this recipe. Since I was typing it up, I decided to put it at the KT recipe thread over at the Recipe Exchange. Darn, it, I couldn't find it. So here it is. Be brave. try it. It will NOT taste like sauerkraut. But don't tell anyone what is in it until after they taste it. Makes a dark, moist cake. Mmmmmmm. Enjoy! bye, BG

.

Sauerkraut Chocolate Cake


2 ½ C. Flour (all purpose)

1 tsp. Baking Powder

2/3 C Butter or Margarine

3 Large Eggs

1 C Water (not warm or hot)

½ C Cocoa

1 tsp. Soda (bicarbonate of soda, often called baking soda)

1 ½ C sugar

1 tsp. Vanilla

2/3 C chopped and drained sauerkraut


Put all ingredients except eggs and sauerkraut in an large bowl; beat until blended. -Add eggs, beat well. -Stir in sauerkraut. -Pour into greased and floured 10 X 14 incch pan. -Bake at 350º f for 30 minutes. - Frost as desired. -Will serve 20

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home