My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Old Fashioned Molasses Chews

OLD FASHIONED MOLASSES CHEWS


.

These are one of my families favorite cookies. I always have to make a double batch. I usually make these without rolling in sugar and frost them with cream cheese frosting.


.

¾ c salad oil

¼ molasses

1 c sugar

2 eggs

2 ¾ c flour

1 ½ t baking soda

1 t each cinnamon and ginger

¼ t ground cloves

In a large bowl, stir together oil, molasses, and 1 cup of sugar. Add eggs and beat until smooth. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; gradually add to molasses mixture, beating until well combined. (very important to mix dry ingredients separately) Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until next day. Place a ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1-½ inch balls; then roll in sugar to coat. Place 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake in a 350° F oven until slightly browned (10-12 minutes). Transfer to racks and let cool completely. Store airtight. Makes about 2 ½ dozen.

© 2001 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home