My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Lemon Shortbread Bars

Lemon Shortbread Bars
Just the right amount of shortbread, sweet and tart.


Shortbread Base

1 1/2 c sugar

3/4 c lemon juice, fresh or Realemon

4 large eggs

1/3 c flour

powdered sugar for dusting

Prepare above Shortbread Base. While baking, prepare topping. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until well combined and stir in lemon juice and flour. Pour lemon mixture over hot shortbread. Reduce oven heat to 300F. Bake in the middle of the oven until set, about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan and cut into 24 bars. These will keep covered and chilled about 3 days. Sift with confectioners sugar before serving.


.

© 2001 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home