My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Jumbo Biscuits

Jumbo Biscuits


.

These are the biggest flakiest biscuits I've ever eaten. This batch is supposed to make 6-7 Jumbo biscuits. If you need more biscuits double the recipe. You can also refrigerate the dough up to a day ahead.



.

2 cups all purpose flour

1 T sugar

1 T baking powder

1 t salt

1/3 c shortening (I've used butter, but they are a bit heavy.)

1 c milk

.

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Add in milk. These will be sticky.Turn out onto well floured surface and knead about 20 times, or until no longer sticky. Pat dough out, until it is about 1 inch thick. Cut with large round cutter. I use a drinking glass.Usually, you will get 6 cut ones, and then push scraps together for one smaller one. Pat extra flour off and bake at 425F for 13-15 minutes. If you need to prepare ahead. Make dough and turn out onto well floured aluminum foil. Seal foil, by tenting over them. Take dough out when ready, turn out on floured surface and go from there.

.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home