My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Creole Chicken Thighs

Creole Chicken Thighs


.

I changed a recipe on the web to fit into my needs. It's set to do on the stove top, but I needed to use the crockpot...So, I spent a few minutes preparing the sauce in a skillet and then putting everything into the crockpot to simmer for a few hours. It smells fantastic!

.

6-8 skinless chicken thighs

enough oil or butter to saute vegies in

onion, chopped

green pepper, chopped

celery, medium dice

1 14 oz can of peeled and diced tomatoes or whole and peeled, broke up

1/2 t sugar

1/2 t salt or chicken bouillion cube

2 bay leaves

couple of pinches of cheyenne pepper

1 t of Italian seasoning

4 or 5 very good shakes of hot sauce~~triple the amount for more heat~~

.

Saute vegies until translucent. About 3 minutes or so. Add in tomatoes and seasonings. Stir to combine flavors. Put chicken pieces into crock pot and pour sauce over the top. Cook on low for 2-3 hours(It was in the crockpot for 5, and the chicken was begining to fall off the bone at serving). Stove top:Place chicken into sauce, and spooning sauce over top. Cook, covered over medium for about 35 minutes, or until meat is fork tender. Discard bay leaves, and serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice.

.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home