My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Chicken N Biscuits

Chicken N Biscuits


.

This is a yummy lowfat comfort food! I pulled the recipe out of Taste Of Home Annual Recipes 2000. The submitter is Marilyn Minnick.

.

1 medium onion, chopped

2 t vegetable oil

1/4 c all-purpose flour

1/2 t each dried basil and thyme

1/4 t pepper

2-1/2 c skim milk

1 T Worcestershire sauce

1 pkg (16oz) frozen mixed vegetables (I used just peas and carrots, and pre-thawed them, to speed up the cooking process.)

2 c cubed cooked chicken

2 T grated Parmesan Cheese

Biscuits:

1 c all-purpose flour

1 T sugar

1-1/2 t baking powder

1/4 t salt

1/3 c skim milk

3 T vegetable oil

1 T minced fresh parsley

.

In a saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in flour, basil, thyme and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the vegetables, chicken and Parmesan; reduce heat to low. Meanwhile, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Combine milk, oil and parsley; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Transfer hot chicken mixture to a greased 2 1/2qt. baking dish. Drop biscuit batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.

Yield: 8 generous servings. Nutritional Analysis: Per serving; 246 calories, 31 gm carbohydrates, 12 gm protein, 8 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat, 1/2 fat.

.

© 2001-2005 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home