My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Healthy Potato Soup

Healthy Potato Soup


.

The basis of this recipe came from a book called Family Favorites Made Lighter. It is a very soothing comforting bowl of soup.

.

3 med potatoes, peeled and cut up (1 lb)

1 c water

1 c finely chopped onion (1 large)

1 stalk of celery diced

1 whole carrot or a handful of baby carrots, diced

a clove or two of garlic

1 t of instant chicken bouillon granules, or one bouillon cube

1/4 c dry milk powder

2 T flour

2 c skim milk

salt and pepper to taste

2 T snipped parsley or chives

In a large saucepan combine vegies, water, and bouillon. Bring to a boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until vegies are tender. Mash slightly. (Do not drain.)

In a small bowl, stir milk powder and flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in the milk/flour mixture into potato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Ladle into bowls, top with herbs.

Makes 5 servings. Cal-149, pro-7 g, carbs-30g, fiber-1g, sodium-252mg

.

© 2001 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home