My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Grandma's One-Bowl Applesauce Cake

Grandma's One-Bowl Applesauce Cake


.

This is a recipe my mom used to make when I was a kid. I just came across it.



.

2 1/4 c flour

1 t salt

1 t baking soda

1 t cinnamon

1/2 c butter

1 c molasses

1 egg

1 c applesauce

1 c raisins

.

Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter. Add molasses, egg and applesauce. Beat well. Stir in raisins. Bake in greased, floured 8" cake pan at 350F for 40-45 minutes. Cool for 10 mintues and turn out on baking rack. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or glaze while still warm.

.

Glaze:Mix 1 1/2 T lemon juice and 1 c confectioners sugar. Drizzle over warm cake.

.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home