My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Fresh Pear Bread

Fresh Pear Bread


.

I found this recipe online. It is one of the quick breads, I put on holiday trays. Recipe From : Just a Spoonful by Phyllis Harper (of Tupelo, MS)



.

2 or 3 fresh pears

1/2 cup salad oil

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1/4 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour -- sifted

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/2 cup walnuts -- chopped

Pare, halve and core pears; chop to make 1 cup. In large mixer bowl, beat oil and sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add sour cream and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add to oil-sugar mixture and continue to beat until well blended. Add nuts and pears; mix well with a large spoon. Spoon into well-greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out and cool on rack


.


© 2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home