My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ranchero Supper Stew

Ranchero Supper Stew


.

Beef stew with a mexican flavor twist. Serve with hot biscuits or cornbread.



.

2 T oil

1 1/2 lbs beef cubes

1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

2 cans (16oz each) tomatoes, chopped or whole undrained

1 c water (omit if using crockpot)

2 t chili powder

1 t cumin

2 carrots, sliced (thin if doing on stove top)

1 green pepper, choppped

1/2 c celery

2 potatoes, diced

.

In a large skillet, heat oil and brown beef. Add soup mix, tomatoes, water and chili powder Simmer, stiring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Add carrots, pepper, celery and potates; cook covered for 45 minutes, or until vegies are tender and gravy slightly thickened.

Crockpot rules:you can prebrown beef dusted lightly with flour, but it's not necessary. Put potatoes, carrots and celery in the bottom. Add the meat. Then add the seasonings to the tomatoes; add those to the pot with the green peppers. Cook on low for 6-10 hours.

.

© 2001-2002 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home