My World, My Life, My Momments

I'll try to stop in here and keep things rollin. It sounds like a great way for me to just breathe, reflect and think about all things important to me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

The Gift of Brownies

The Gift of Brownies


.

These are a recipe that I use for layering in jars or just making as a brownie base for some of my creations.



.

2 1/4 c white sugar

2/3 c cocoa

1/2 c chopped nuts or chips or both (optional)

1 1/4 c flour

1 t baking powder

1 t salt

1/2 c oil

4 eggs

1 t of vanilla or other flavoring

In a large bowl beat oil and sugar, add eggs and vanilla. In a seperate bowl mix dry ingredients, add to wet. Mix until completely blended. Fold in nuts and/or chips. Bake in lightly greased 9x13 pan at 350F for about 30 minutes, until set all the way through.

.

In a jar:In a quart jar, add in layers like this. Sugar, cocoa, nuts/chips. Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add that to the top. Attach these instructions.Empty mix into large bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Add 1/2 c oil and 4 slightly beaten eggs. Mix until completely blended. Spread batter in lightly greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until set. Cool in pan.

*Note: I choose to add flavoring when I make them at home. Also to make a filled brownie bar, add cream cheese frosting as a filling and a chocolate glaze(Melt 3-4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate and spread over cream cheese layer). Or make the Cheesecake Swirl Brownie

© 2001-2007 My Island Kitchen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home